The 6th Annual The Oakland Jazz Festival returns July 16, 2016 at 12 Noon (Doors open at 10:00am) on the Campus of Cal State Eastbay. This all day music festival features food, fun and the some of the most popular artists in music today. The 2016 line-up will include: Anthony Hamilton, Lalah Hathaway, Boney James, The Robert Glasper Experiment, Mike Phillips, The World Famous Rick and Russ Show, and a special jazz performance from the Oakland Symphony.
While the Bay Area has a rich history of great music, what better way to celebrate this history than with a world class Jazz Festival held at the scenic campus of Cal State Eastbay? Nestled in the hills of the East Bay makes it the perfect backdrop for this musical day of fun in the sun.
Gold Circle Seating – Gold Circle Seating is reserved seating in the lower area of the venue. Each seat from A-W provides a close intimate view of the stage. With a reserved seat patrons can move around the festival grounds and easily return to your selected seat. Also there is a conveniently located Bar and Restrooms nearby.
General Admission – General Admission is lawn seating and on a first come first placement basis. Patrons may bring their own blankets, sleeping bags or low beach style chairs no higher than 9” tall for seating for the consideration of all lawn patrons. These types of seats can be purchased at most Walmart or Target type stores. Any seats taller then the allowance will not be allowed in venue. In order to accommodate all who purchase GA seats and for consideration of your neighbor we ask that you not over extend your seating area on the lawn.
ADA Seating - Wheelchair seating is provided. Please check with ticket issuing locations for availability. Upon arrival to the venue check in at the gate for directions to ADA entrance and wheelchair seating. Accessible restrooms will be located throughout the concert site. Service animals trained to assist disabled persons will be allowed into the festival. The festival grounds are wheelchair accessible, but please be aware that this is a large venue with great distances between stage and vendors. In addition, it is an outdoor music festival situated in a park. Therefore most travel is over natural terrain.
There is a special entrance for ADA seats so please check in at the box office.
Parking - There is plenty of parking available on the Cal State University East Bay Campus. Event Parking is $10.00, Limited Premium Parking is $20.00. ****Limited Handicap parking is available in a designated area****** ….Parking Lots open at 9:00am. ADA parking will be available (spaces are limited). These spaces are reserved for vehicles displaying state-issued (any state) disability placards or license plates.
WE ENCOURAGE ALL PATRONS TO TAKE BART TO THE HAYWARD STATION. FREE ROUNDTRIP SHUTTLE SERVICE BEGINS AT 9:00AM
Several different Food and beverage vendors will be on hand.
For guest safety, please be prepared to have your items inspected at the gates. ALL guests entering festival grounds will be searched including by not limited to all coolers, bags, purses, etc. We require the patron to show the bag and its contents to a member of our staff when entering the grounds, and all items allowed in are at the Staff/Festival member's discretion.
NO Alcoholic beverages are allowed to brought on the premises by any patron. Alcoholic Beverages will be available for purchase at the Oakland Jazz Festival and you must be 21 years or older in order to purchase these beverages. Anyone wishing to consume Alcohol must obtain a Festival issued wristband at the designated I.D. booth and government issued I.D. (i.e. State issued drivers license or I.D. card, Passport) is required in order to obtain a wristband. Anyone found with a damaged wristband will loose their Alcohol priviledges. Anyone found intoxicated will be refused serviced at any bar and may be removed/detained by campus police. Anyone under age or without a festival issued wristband found drinking will be immediately removed from the grounds. For the safety of you and others PLEASE DO NOT DRINK AND DRIVE!!!
We are committed to fostering a relaxed atmosphere at the festival and ask that you adhere to the following guidelines in order to ensure a great experience for everyone!
The 2016 Oakland Jazz Festival will take place Rain or Shine.
All acts advertised have confirmed their appearance, however artist, lineup and performance timese are subject to change without notice.
Please note, all personal belongings will be searched prior to entrance, so please adhere to these rules so that others will not be delayed during the entrance process.
Your entrance into the Oakland Jazz Festival is your permission to use your likeness and voice for exclusive marketing of our event.
Oakland Jazz Festival or its Affiliates are not responsible for any Lost, Stolen or Damaged items. We strongly encourage you to secure all personal items at all times.
For the safety of our guests, the aisles and walkways of the venue must be kept clear at all times.
No smoking in concert area. Only in designated area. Smoking in non-designated is grounds for removal from festival.
Offensive and foul language is strongly discouraged.
Oakland Jazz Festival or Affiliates are not responsible for LOST or STOLEN tickets. Our official policy states that there are NO REFUNDS for tickets and the event will take place “RAIN or SHINE”. If you have a question or concern about our policy, please contact Oaklandjazzfestival@aol.com. All sales are final. There will be no reissues for lost or stolen tickets.
All patrons of legal drinking age (who wish to consume Alcohol) must obtain a wristband from the
“I.D. Booth”. Upon presentation of government issues photo I.D. a wristband will be issued.
FRONT GATE PROCEDURES
Doors will open at 10:00 a.m. and Parking will open at 9:00 a.m.
HOURS OF OPERATION
Parking Lots Open at 9:00 a.m. Doors open at 10:00 a.m. and the music ends at approx. 8:30 p.m.
LOST & FOUND
During the Festival, lost items can be dropped off and checked for at the Information Booth. After the Festival, you can inquire about lost items by emailing Oaklandjazzfestival@aol.com. Valuables will be held for 15 days from the date of the event and then given to a local charity. OJF will not be held liable for any lost or unclaimed items.
- OK Low-back chair (one per person; 9” or lower)
- OK Sunscreen (protect yourself)
- OK Cell Phones (remember to Facebook and Tweet while you're at the festival)
- OK Binoculars
- OK Fanny packs
- OK Small blanket or beach towel (one per person; max size is 8' x 8')
- OK Personal hand-held cameras (i.e. small digital or point-and-click cameras)
- OK Unframed backpacks
- OK Cigarettes/Lighters (please smoke in the designated smoking section ONLY)
- OK Cash/Credit/Debit cards
- OK food and non-alcoholic beverages
- OK factory sealed, non-alcoholic plastic bottles (one liter or smaller)
- OK small cooler or picnic basket 16" wide x 16" high x 16" long (16 quart cooler or smaller only;)
- Example: Coleman
- OK clear plastic containers or bags
- OK plastic cutlery
- NO Re-entry
- NO Ripped, torn, or stretched wristbands permitted.
- NO Illegal substances (no drugs of any kind)
- NO Alcohol (alcohol will be sold at the festival)
- NO Knives or Weapons of any kind
- NO Video cameras or video recording equipment. Video recording is prohibited.
- NO High-back chairs
- NO Glass/Glass containers
- NO Camel packs/Bota bags
- NO Flags/Stickers/Flyers
- NO Tents/Lawn Furniture/Large Tarps
- NO Pets (except service dogs with proper paperwork)
- NO Professional or pro-Sumer cameras and/or equipment (no large/long/zoom/detachable lenses or tripods)
- NO Fireworks/Explosives/Laser Pointers
- NO Skateboards/Scooters/Wagons/Motorized Vehicles
- NO Bicycles inside the festival grounds.
- NO Illegal vending is permitted. No unauthorized/unlicensed vendors allowed
- NO alcohol
- NO glass containers
- NO aluminum cans
- NO open beverage containers (no thermoses)
- NO non-transparent containers
- NO uncooked meat, poultry, or fish
- NO grills or BBQ's
- NO metal utensils or containers
FOOD & BEVERAGE
- Attendees may bring food and non-alcoholic beverages into OJF. All food and beverage must fit in a 16-quart cooler
- Cooler or picnic basket size may not exceed 16" wide x 16" high x 16" long in dimensions – no exceptions. Large containers, picnic baskets, or coolers will not be permitted into the venue
- All personal items including purses, backpacks, picnic baskets and coolers will be searched upon entry to the venue
- Re-usable containers, such as Tupperware and plastic bags, are permitted as long as the container is transparent
- Factory sealed, non-alcoholic plastic bottles (one liter or smaller) are permitted
Oakland Jazz Festival or Affiliates are not responsible for any lost or stolen items. Festival Management reserves the right to modify or revoke this privilege at any time. For any additional questions, please feel free to contact us at Oaklandjazzfestival@aol.com.